Monday, September 19, 2011

All. By. My. Self.

I had a sweet friend watch the kids the other day while I had an appointment, and since I needed to pick up a prescription on my way home, I stopped in a grocery store with a pharmacy to kill two birds with one stone.

As I walked around the store (All.  By.  My.  Self.)  I noted the fact I, not only had time to think about a fun lunch and time to casually shop for it, I had an adult to share it with.  What a wonderful opportunity!  I wouldn't, however, have hardly any time to make the lunch since, by the time I finally got home, it would be a little past lunch time already.  After wandering around (All.  By.  My.  Self.  No one.  Crying.  No one.  Running.  Away.  So.  Relaxing.***)

Anyway, I settled on frozen Spinach Ravioli, a jar of alfredo, and a package of Kielbasa sausage.  When I got home all I had to do was boil some water, cook the Ravioloi for 5 minutes, during the last minute I dropped in the kielbasa I had sliced, drained everything and dumped the sauce on top.  in 7 minutes we were eating our quick easy lunch that barely took longer to make than a sandwich :)

Moral of the story- high quality sausage gives you a meat without having to cook it and can make meal prep almost instant.

***How sad I now find even grocery shopping relaxing, as long as I'm alone to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment