Thursday, September 15, 2011

Picnic

A few weeks ago my friend was dropping in for the night with her husband and two girls on their way south after a vacation in Canada.  We were trying to decide were to eat, which wasn't entirely easy considering we had 4 younger kids to keep entertained, 4 younger kids' palates*** to appease, and her two were pretty tired to being cooped up in the car all day.

We ended up going to the Subway that's super close and then swinging in the grocery store for a big bag of chips and drinks.  I was impressed at how reasonable the cost was (especially compared to us going out to eat, really about anywhere else)  and the plan was for the kids to play at the park while everyone ate.  It didn't exactly work out that way, but in the end everyone was happy.

***I definitely have my kids eat "adult" food all the time, whether they like it or not, but there are times I think its best to just give them something they'll enjoy so I can talk with my friends and not be hounding the TinyTwo the entire meal to eat.

1 comment:

  1. We were so smart weren't we!!! Thanks for hosting us!!! Come see us SOON

    ReplyDelete