Sunday, May 22, 2011

De-clutter: Clothes

I just read an article, and now I can't remember where, about clothes and figuring out what to get rid of. 
The answer to the problem was fantastic, since it started with:  Don't do laundry for two weeks.  What a great plan! 
To start, have all the clothes clean.  They don't have to be put away, but they do have to be out of the laundry room.  Next- don't do laundry for two weeks and leave all the dirty clothes in the laundry room.  After two weeks, look at the clothes that are left.  Get rid of them or store them for next year or next season if its something that will most likely fit.  I think this might be an easy and great way to "flip" clothes from one season to the next.
I think this might work especially well for kids, since I think they can wear the same things over and over because they'll be getting a brand new wardrobe next year anyway, although this is also a great way to really look at what's left in your own closet and really question how much of it you need and/or ever really wear. 
I haven't done it yet, but today, our clothes are all clean and my kids seem to have too many of them.  The answer certainly should be, "Stop doing laundry for two weeks" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment