Thursday, August 4, 2011

lunch

Well..... Mother of the Year here... again.
I just found out I need to pack lunches this year.  For BOTH kids.  For some reason I had decided that only the full day kids at the school would eat lunch there.  I was wrong and sent my son to school today, his first day, without a lunch.  (He's going to their day camp for 3 weeks this summer, but it is in the same building, is everyday, and has the same hours as school will, so, in all essence, today was his first day of school)  Yes, I can hear the applause at my amazing mom skills.  So, besides being awesome at motherhood in general, and completely new to the "drop kids off and pick them up at school" thing... now I'm going to have to pack lunches.  Peanut and tree nut free lunches.  I'm totally fine with this rule, but its not one we've had to encounter before and an enormous portion of the kids diet involves PBJ.  I found this great post here for ideas.  We'll see what I come up with.
Side note:  as I told Sweetheart about this HUGE adjustment in my planning for the year he responded with, "Great!  You can make my lunches too!"  .... I'm sure you can imagine how that went down.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post- My wee ones aren't in school yet, but I know this will come in handy when they are (just shared the link with a friend who has a peanut/tree nut free classroom next year).
    Also, I just made granola in my crock pot. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing the lunches was a huge thing but I think I've got it down now :) Hope the granola turned out well!

    ReplyDelete