Monday, August 1, 2011

Tortilla Pizzas

Happy August!  How on earth did that sneak up on us????

We love pizza around here.  Like... a lot.  I'd even say we <3 pizza and I never say we <3 anything.
So... when a new pizza recipe came my way- that's super easy and super yummy- we of course made them right away.  And took them out to the pool for dinner :)

First, toast the tortillas a bit so they're a tad crunchy.  Add pizza toppings.  I always use  mushroom spaghetti sauce because I can never remember to buy pizza sauce and I can't tell much of a difference.  My mom, mind you, would disagree.  Do what you think is best :)  Then we topped it with shredded mozzarella cheese, then some of them got pepperonis too.  We put them back in the toaster oven for 5 minutes to melt everything and they were wonderful.  Much like a really thin pizza actually.
You, of course, could use a cookie sheet and a regular oven.  The "toast" setting for the toaster oven is 450, but I'm sure 350 would be better to keep them from browning to quickly.  You want the tortillas to dry out, not brown.  Half of the TinyTwo rolled his up, the other half preferred hers cut up like a proper personal pizza.  Both halves loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment