Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Conversations with myself

I've been doing a couple things daily almost every day... since the only thing I do every day is sleep and eat.

Laundry.  I seriously have been trying to start a load of laundry every morning while I'm waiting for the coffee to make.

Dishes.  I try to get the sink empty at least once a day.  I try to keep the dishes in the dishwasher, but seriously, that obviously doesn't really happen.

Bathroom:  I wipe down the bathrooms regularly and keep all of the counters clear of stuff and either under the counter in baskets or in the cabinet.

Clutter:  I try to keep as little as possible in the house.  The less there is, the less there is to clean.  I keep the kids toys in rotation with at least half their books and toys stored in the closet.

These things keep my house pretty clean and orderly, without much effort.

This doesn't sound very lazy, I can hear you say.  Well, yes and no.  Its not so lazy for the "Current" me, but pretty lazy for the "Future" me.  For example, its a lot less work overall if I rinse the dishes and put them in the dishwasher right away.

I occasionally have this conversation between my current self and my future self

Current me:  I'll do that later
Future me:  no way!  it will take you 5 minutes and me 25 minutes!  how is that lazy??  YOU do it now so that I don't have to do it later!
Current me:  awwwww mannnn..... I don't waaaana do it
Future me:  you know we're the same person right?  you do realize that if you don't do it now you'll have to do it later? if you're so lazy shouldn't you do the lazy thing and do it now?
Current me: ooooooooooh. fine.  but you better thank me.
Future me:  I will.

and that is how i get stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment