Friday, February 18, 2011

Spinach for the Kids?

My mom was watching Giada the other day, and she had a recipe (here) for "Grilled cheese with spinach and pancetta".  Mom said "Maybe Mr. 'I don't eat vegetables' would try this." I said, "Its certainly worth a try."
Of course I totally demolished sweet Giada's recipe and did this instead:

~Crammed the little food processor with fresh baby spinach and shredded cheddar (about half and half) and blended it until it was uniform
~Placed this green goo on tortillas and microwaved them until they were gooey and melty.  
~Wrapped them up and told them Dora's favorite color is green.  In honor of her we were having "Special" green quesadillas today.

The kids One of the kids LOVED them.  Mr "I don't eat Vegetables" still was not thrilled.  Oh well.  I'm going to keep trying with this one though.  As a side note, I try not to have cartoon characters do the parenting for me, but occassionally (like when spinach is involved) I will cave and invoke the power of Dora.

3 comments:

  1. Never underestimate the power of Dora :) My wee one picked out the WHITEST sneakers you have ever seen (Grandma took her shoe shopping) When she got home and I commented on their whiteness she said "they are just like Dora's" and they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I had any idea of what Dora's shoes looked like, but I'm certain the TinyTwo could tell me in detail ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leafy spinach offers excellent health benefits especially to the kid’s health. Say your kids Benefits of Spinach in an interesting way. Let them know its goodness to the health.

    ReplyDelete