So, here are some things that I don't buy (at least not very often)
- Paper napkins: I bought a bunch of cloth ones. Plus, I use the ton of kitchen dishrags for the kids faces and hands.
- Paper towels: I use the ton of kitchen dishrags I have to clean up spills. The tablecloth also catches a lot of spills. The dishrags get tossed into the laundry with whatever I'm washing that day so I don't have yucky wet dishrags hanging around.
- Dryer sheets: I have 2 of those funny ball-like things that stay in the dryer. I haven't noticed a difference in static
- Water: We bring our own everywhere
- Coffee: I hate to wait and wait at a drive though to pick up coffee that I can make better at home for almost free and doesn't take but 2 minutes to make. I tend to take a cup of coffee with me almost every time I walk out the door in the morning. I *heart* my Keurig. A lot. Did I do that *heart* thing right? I've never done it before and kind of think its annoying, but for the Keurig, I'll make an exception ;)
- I love my Diva Cup. Love. It. (Girls- check it out. Seriously. You. Check it out. Boys- don't...or at least don't say I didn't warn you)
- Storage: We keep everything we have in the space we have. I've gotten rid of a TON lately.
- Car payment: We've paid for each car we've gotten since we got married with cash
- Interest on credit cards: We pay it off. Every month.
- Cable: We don't have a TV so I watch hulu instead.
- Movies: OK, so I pay $1 at Blockbuster Express (like Redbox) We never go out to movies. We're not against it, we'd just rather watch a movie at home.
- Pre-school: We'll be paying next year for a private Spanish emersion Pre-K program. Otherwise, we've kept the TinyTwo at home. I like to teach them colors and numbers and how to read myself. It makes me feel smart ;)
- Books: Except for text books. Otherwise we use the library. I read too fast to make the expense worth while.
- I'm testing out making my own laundry and dishwasher detergent. I'll let you know how that goes.
- Diapers: Hopefully. The Princess is potty training as we speak, though back in the day when I had two in diapers I used cloth BumGenius
What do you not buy/pay for that lots of other people do? I'm always looking for ways to cut back...monetarily and work wise - so please share :)