Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rice

I learned recently that not everyone makes rice the way I was taught.  I always wondered why people bought rice makers and complained about making rice.
An interesting twist, obviously my mom taught me to make rice, my husband's mom taught my mom this trick, back before I was born.  Funny huh?  We have interesting family history.

Without further ado, drum roll please...............

Do the usual 2 to 1 water to rice ratio (ex: 2 cups water to 1 cup rice)
Bring to a boil
Put a lid on it then turn it off and leave it on the burner
Leave it alone for 20 min
Do NOT check it and Do NOT lift the lid
Fluff and serve.

OR

Boil and cover
Leave alone for 20 min

By the way, this works for white rice only, you have to simmer the brown rice for about 10 minutes before you turn the heat off for another 40 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment