Thursday, January 13, 2011

Goals

I have 2 goals.  I decided so this morning.
The first- to have the kids and I clothed and breakfasted (hey- its a word... at least now it is) by 8am.
The second- to have the kids in bed (and quiet) the house picked-up (at least the living room) and the kitchen clean by 8pm.

I could go on and on about other, smaller, goals that would facilitate the previous two: having clothes out and coffee ready before bed, cleaning up the toys before the kids go to bed, constantly keeping the dishes in the dishwasher during the day, blah blah blah.  That's too many rules.  I guess its too constraining for me.  Sadly, its also too many ways to fail.  If I stick to only 2 goals, I have more ways I can make them happen.

Why set these goals?  I need deadlines.  For everything.  I have to know what I'm working up to.  I was the student who stayed up half the night to do a project the night before.  Even in Grad School.  So if I have a deadline everyday to have certain things happen, then they are more likely to.

Whatever, (I can hear you say), but how is this lazy?  Keeping the house clean daily is a lot easier (read- lazier) than working on it in big chunks.  Also, although I'm not into feng shui, I do believe that an orderly space is more peaceful.  I like peaceful.  It seems lazier ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment