I'm also very
I also love popcorn. Love. It.
I have discovered that microwave popcorn is approximately $3.50 a pound. No, I didn't do the math, Squawkfox did in this article. She goes on to say kernel corn is $.50 a pound. Wow. Then she lists the ingredients in a typical microwave popcorn. Ew. Then she says you can pop the corn in a plain brown bag. Wow. Again.
You should read the article, but it basically says:
- Put 1/4 cup corn in a plain brown paper lunch bag.
- Add a drizzle of EVOO.
- Add any other seasonings.
- Or don't do the last two steps. That's OK too. I made the kids some without EVOO or seasonings. They thought it was fine. They're pretty deprived though ;)
- Shake the bag.
- Fold the top down two times and staple the top.
- No, your microwave will not spark and explode.
- If you don't believe me use tape.
- Hit the popcorn button.
- Carefully open the bag so the steam doesn't hurt you and you try to sue me or Squawkfox like that crazy McDonalds lady who was burned.
- Eat the popcorn and write me a note saying how genius I am.
- Ok, write a note to Squawkfox.
- You can write me a note too though.
The quick version is...
- Add 1/4 cup popcorn + seasonings
- Seal the bag
- Hit the popcorn button on your microwave
...but that list isn't nearly as interesting.