Thursday, January 20, 2011

SparkPeople

I love SparkPeople.  Love.  It.  If you want to track your calories, fiber, fat, protein, water, or "anything else you can think of" intake, it will do it for you electronically.  Awesome.  You just plug in what you ate that day.  Simple.  Easy.  Brilliant.  Oh, and its FREE.  My favorite price.

For example, I am having an egg sandwich made from EggBeaters, with 2 pieces of wheat toast, salsa and light miracle whip.  I have this for lunch on occasion.  So, I have made this a "group" that the program saves.  All I do is go to my "Food Groupings" and click "Egg Sandwich".  Done.  Now I know that I am consuming 105 calories, 16 carbs, 2 grams of fat and 9 grams of protein.  It also calculates my daily totals at the bottom.  Wow.  I obviously would have never done that on my own.  I understand Weight Watchers online program is very similar.

Either way, its nice.  Easy.  Quick.

Thanks to my friend for mentioning calorie counting today.  You've again inspired me ;) and reminded me that I "was" doing so too.  Until I got distracted.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment