Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lazy Wardrobe Downsizing

I posted here and  here about how to easily minimize your wardrobe to only the clothes you actually wear in a two week time period.  This is great, I think, for the kids.  For me, however, I hang up almost all my clothes.  That doesn't really lend itself to ignoring laundry for 2 weeks.  Instead I do the old trip of flipping all my hangers around so they face the opposite direction.  When you hang something back up, you hang it up the normal way.  In a set amount of time (2 weeks or 6 months or every season)  you look at the clothes still hanging backwards and seriously consider getting rid of them.  I've found the smaller my wardrobe gets, the more I feel like I have to wear, because I do actually wear everything in my closet.  Its a nice feeling and an easy and lazy way to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment