Friday, December 31, 2010

Menu: Items 3 & 4

I have an incredibly lazy rotation of meals, the ingredients of which I keep on hand so I don't need to plan ahead what I'm making for dinner until right before I do.  Planning ahead is not the lazy way.  Anyway, my secret to dinner on the table, without planning, in less than 20 minutes is that all protein is pre-cooked; canned salmon, frozen shrimp, canned beans, or pre-cooked and frozen chicken/turkey/ground beef.  


#3  on my lazy menu is spaghetti.


My "Sneaky Chef" sauce:
can of carrots
"Sneaky Chef" Sauce
can of white beans
can of tomatoes
parmesan cheese


Blend.


Add to any kind of pasta, cooked and drained.  This way, there is protein and 2 vegetables in the sauce.  And cheese.  So, my son, who announces "I don't eat vegetables" even to our pediatrician (thanks by the way) doesn't know it, I don't fight with him about it, etc.  There's plenty of meals with vegetables in plain sight.  I try not to argue about it EVERY night though :)


5 ingredients
5 minutes of work.  (I don't count the other 10 that the pasta is just cooking, seeing that I'm not actually doing anything)


#4 on my lazy menu is lentils.
I love lentils.  They're so easy.  So yummy.  So lazy.


I saute onion and garlic (or just add powdered onion and garlic to the pot in the next step.  yes- I'm that lazy.)


Add:
4 c water
1 c lentils,
1 c brown rice (or white)
can of carrots
Brown rice
can of tomatoes if I'm in the mood for them
Italian Seasoning (I tend to throw it into everything- 
is there a lazier way to season things?)
2 bullion packets


Simmer 20 minutes for white rice, 50 for brown rice.


If you don't count water or seasoning, that's 
5 ingredients. 
5 minutes of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment