Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Super Soup


I love soup.  It is a lazy mom's dream.  If its winter, and you don't make soup all the time, you are not a lazy mom.  I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings.  The truth does sometimes.  If you want to strive for efficient laziness, get on the soup wagon.  Two days ago my husband, as he was leaving for work, said "I'd love some soup tomorrow night!"  Me:  "Sweet"  and I promptly forgot about it.  Until he called to say he was on his way home the next day (he often does 30 hr shifts).  Oh yeah.  Soup.

I boiled some water
threw in some rice
added 2 cans of black beans (rinsed)
2 cubes of bouillon
a handful of Italian seasoning
and a bag of frozen vegetables.

Boiled.
Simmered for 20 minutes for the rice to cook.
Done.
Dinner.
Easy.

5 minutes of work
5 ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment