Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu- 5 minutes, 5 ingredients

OK, I did a series of my menu at the beginning that I've changed since writing it and it doesn't really focus just on the "5 minutes 5 ingredients" meals, which is really where I am the laziest. I'm not a big fan of cooking for real every night, so I like having a few things that I can make in just a few minutes (some take 20 minutes, but only 5 minutes of prep, then you leave it alone for the next 15 until its done. I only count the minutes I'm actually having to pay attention to something) Hey, its my blog, I make the rules.  They might not make sense to you but that's ok.  I often don't make sense to myself.  Anyway, my thought is, unless you're super lazy and make all of them all of the time like me (don't feel bad if you don't-- laziness takes time and practice to perfect ;)  if you keep the items of a few recipes stocked, you'll never have to panic at 5:30 about what's for dinner because dinner can still be ready by 5:50.   To each of the recipes you can always add frozen, pre-cooked meat or a rotisserie chicken for an equally convenient, but carnivorous, dinner.

This post is also for those of you who need to try a little harder to be lazy.  Sometimes you just need some ideas to get you going in the right direction.  I, my friends, am here to inspire :)

Anyway, here is my "5 minutes 5 ingredients" menu.
9 dinners to make over a week's worth of lazy meals ;)
Click on the title to be linked to the actual recipe.

Stir Fry: rice and frozen vegetables with extra eggs and nuts (maybe pre-cooked shrimp) mixed with stir fry sauce

Meatball subs: frozen meatballs, tomato sauce, rolls, mozzarella cheese + fruit

Soup: beans + rice + vegetables + broth + seasonings = yum

Lentils: lentils, rice, carrots, broth, seasonings

Mexican Mix: re-fried beans, shredded cheese and salsa, served with chips


Breakfast: Mug omelet + fruit + toast

Salmon Noodle Casserole:  Salmon (or pre-cooked chicken for you non-fish-eaters), noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas

Fake Chow Mein:  Chinese noodles (like ramen only not fried), frozen cooked & peeled shrimp, frozen vegetables, oyster sauce and soy sauce.

Yellow Rice:  Yellow Rice (saffron rice), peas, black beans

1 comment:

  1. We are having our first meatball subs tonight... I will dedicate the stains on my tablecloth to you:-)

    ReplyDelete